At times you may not be aware what to do after an accident, but having the independent insurance agency OHL Insurance on your side, we can give you peace of mind. You must have the auto insurance in place first, so review your coverage with your agent to ensure you have the proper coverages.
- Check to see if anyone is injured and if so, call 911 right away - immediately after the accident,
- Try to stay calm and make sure your safe. Make sure and pull to the side out of being a traffic hazard If the vehicle is safe to drive,
- Focus on documentation and don’t discuss who is at fault. Exchange information with all persons involved. Make sure to include addresses, phone numbers, email, and vehicle insurance information.
- Take pictures and write down what happened. Document while its fresh in your memory as you may need to refer to your notes years later.
- Lastly, inform your insurance agent and insurance company. They can help you with the next steps in the claims process.
Here at OHL Insurance & Financial Services, Inc., we can help you through this stressful situation, so let us know if you need any help after your accident.