Distracted driving is becoming a major issue not only significantly increasing car accidents but also auto related deaths. More than ever drivers in Pennsylvania and Arizona are having trouble staying focused on the road, instead choosing to look at away to their cell phones. While behind the wheel, it is important to be constantly aware of your actions and the actions of others on the roads with you. One huge way to accomplish this is to not text and drive.
Just about every state now has a law to help prevent what has become a major issue, so obviously creating laws does not seem to be having an impact. So, what can we do?
- Take responsibility for ourselves while also encouraging others to be responsible as well.
- Turn your cell phone off or put it out of reach while driving
- Put your phone on silent or “Do Not Disturb”
- Download an app that prevents you from texting while driving or texts people back that you are currently driving
- Pull over to a safe place on the side of the road if you must send a message or answer
- Use a hands-free device such as Bluetooth.
Practice safe driving and take advantage of a few of the ideas above. Life is too precious to sacrifice over a text message. Contact OHL Insurance & Financial Services today if you have questions or need tips on your Pennsylvania and Arizona auto insurance coverages.